Monday, July 23, 2018

Zucchini Fries

This time of year always makes me hungry for fresh food.  Vegetables and fruit is so plentiful around my area that we are never at a loss on what to snack on and it is all healthy.  We take advantage of the land we have and plant a small garden every year.  Tomatoes, peppers, squash and a few other vegetables make up what we plant.  We have already had zucchini this year and a few cherry tomatoes.  I really enjoy grilling so as soon as the tomatoes squash and more zucchini come in be on the look out for a grilled veggie dinner blog.  Here is some zucchini sticks I made last week.  I sliced it, soaked it in an egg and milk wash, rolled them in flower and bread crumbs (salt, pepper and some garlic was in for taste) then repeated the soak and flower mix to make them extra crispy.  I use a small fryer and stand watch as they cook so not to over cook them.  I don't want them all soggy in the middle but I want them cooked. I tested a few before I got the right amount of time.  What you see is half of the zucchini cooked.  The second half I saved for another dish. Hope you have the chance to have this this summer.  If not I am sorry but you just missed out.  They are delicious.  As soon as the tomatoes ripen up I plan on having fried tomatoes and a BLT. That is one of my favorite sandwiches.  Till then, God bless, thanks for reading and see you at the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment