Thursday, July 19, 2012

Eating my way through So Cal

Here is the I was promising everyone from my trip to San Diego.  I should have wrote one each time I ate something but I was too lazy to do so and to type on an Ipod is not fun at all.  So let me say that the trip to San Diego was awesome.  Comic con was out of this world.  The costumes and people were overwhelming.  We had such a blast watching people and seeing all the great stuff there.  Eating there is one thing I did not do.  There was not much to eat there besides hot dogs and drinks which I can get anywhere so I just took some prepacked nuts, fruit bar and some water to get me through the day.
I am not going to go into a lot of detail on all that I ate and I did not take pictures everything I ate.  Some of what I ate you can get around here but I did want to highlight some of the better things that I had.  The most bizarre was the Sea Urchin saveche fresh at a road side stand.  He cut it open and fixed it for me.  It was still moving as I ate it.  The Hodad's burger was spotlighted on Diners drive in's and dives on Travel Channel.  The line was out the door.  This was also the first time I have ever had Eggs Benedict.  I hate runny eggs but I wanted to try something new so this was one of those things. Loved it.  I was told to try the menudo soup but never got a chance so my goal is to ask around here at the the Mexican owned places to see if I can find a place that I can try it.  So here are a few pictures of the food and each are labeled so you know what it is.  Also a few websites to visit from the places I ate.  Enjoy.  God bless, thanks for reading and see you at the table.

Grape fruit orange limon and lime fresh from tree
Chili cheese burger and fries at Lake Cuyamaca

Hodad's burger

Lobster and eggs benedict with potatos and salsa

Majestic Garlic

Pappas Fresh Fish Company Sea urchin saveche 1

Pappas Fresh Fish Company Sea urchin saveche 2

Pappas Fresh Fish Company Sea urchin saveche 3

Pomodoro's linguine Di Mare

Tuna taco sliders with blt salad

grape fruit fresh from tree kathy's house

1 comment:

  1. It is great to see you sharing about what you love to do: cook and also try new foods wherever you go!! =)
    Staci

    ReplyDelete