Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Low salt doesn't me no taste

Cuban black bean soup was on our menu tonight. Made from rehydrated black beans, smoked poblano  peppers and jalapeños. After simmering for a few hours a quarter of the pot was blended to thicken the soup. I topped mine with a few tortilla chips and thin shavings of cheddar cheese. Ellen topped hers with avocado and chips. Delicious dinner made by my wife. She is vegan and I am not but believe me this was great. Having a life changing decision of a heart transplant means different diet so I do well. Low salt boss not mean no taste or great meals. Give it a try.  God bless you all. Thanks for reading and pass this along.

1 comment:

  1. I eat Dr. McDougall's vegan black bean soup all the time. Giant sells it along with a large variety of other soups. I melt cheddar cheese into it- so good.

    ReplyDelete