Monday, February 27, 2017

Fat Monday?

Every year from K-12 we had a faucanut for lunch.  What is that you say? Well it is a doughnut to everyone else but so much better.  They are made a little different from doughnuts and are only out one day a year, Fat Tuesday.  Every year since then I tried to get at least one on Fat Tuesday and every year I thought I was eating the best one I have ever had until this year.  Tonight I went to St. James Lutheran Church to pick up my order of 3 dozen.  Banner and I walked in and we could smell them cooking.  The air was thick with the smell of fresh dough and sugar.  I gave them my name and order number and was asked to wait because they were a little behind.  I did not mind at all because this meant that mine were being cooked and were going to be real fresh.  Our order was called and we walked them to the car.  Amazing enough they all made it home.  Yes I was tempted but waited till I could pour myself a nice cold glass of milk and enjoy the warm faucanut.  Banner started pointing to the boxes as soon as I put them on the counter.  I opened the box and there were 12 full size and one half size, perfect for him.  He did not wast any time.  His first official faucanut was devoured in less than 4 minutes.  He knows good food.  Not only did I get the freshest faucanuts I also got to see fir the first time in 26 years a past classmate and a one of my friends kids that was helping pack them up.  I want to thank everyone that did all the hard work in bring us the best faucanuts we have ever had.  God bless, thanks for reading and see you at the table.  


No comments:

Post a Comment