Saturday, August 11, 2012

Menudo soup




Well I had it and to be honest I will not be having it again.  Menudo soup was different.  Beef stomach sliced thin and cooked in a spicy soup broth.  The broth was great.  Very spicy and not to heavy.  The stomach on the other hand was, well let me say I think it was more of a texture thing for me.  It did not have a taste of its own.  It took on the spice of the broth.  It was not rubbery like I thought it was going to be but more spongy.  They served it with tortilla shells, cilantro with diced onion, and oregano.  The sides added flavor but I still had to put some of their home made salsa on the shells with the stomach.  The home made salsa and warm chips were really good.  They brought those out before my lunch along with some guacamole.  I do not care for guacamole but I tried theirs and it was better than most I have had.  It was not chunky at all but smooth like a dipping sauce.  She brought me out a sample of the pork they were cooking.  That was good.  I could have had that in the broth.   I will be going back to try some other stuff.  It is the most authentic Mexican food I have had in the area.  The portion for the price was great.  My meal was $8 and I was full walking out of there.  God bless, thanks for reading and hope to see you at the table.
Menudo soup




No comments:

Post a Comment