Saturday, February 23, 2013

Bacon wrapped shrimp

Was bored tonight so I thought "what can I make tonight that I Jane never made or had?" Well after talking with a friend from church who came over to help me eat my creation, I made bacon wrapped shrimp with garlic butter dipping sauce. Got a half pound of shrimp, shelled it then wrapped some low sodium bacon around each and held or all together with toothpicks. Got out the Fry daddy and dropped them in 6 at a time. First ones were out in 5 minutes and in went the second batch. We tried them with Old Bay and then the garlic butter. The butter was better. We topped ourselves off with a bowl of Ellen's vegan bean soup. The meal was great. Would I do it again. Sure would and will. He said I should make them for our next church picnic. We will have to wait and see. Until next time God bless, thanks for reading and see you at the table.



1 comment:

  1. I saw bacon-wrapped shrimp at Bonefish Grill. You'll have to try it and see how it measures up.

    ReplyDelete