Thursday, February 7, 2013

Dos Amigos Mexi-Mart

Kitchen open and the food is ready.  I wanted to be one of the first to try the new and a first for Littlestown. Dos Amigos Mexi-Mart.  Open for 5 years, Dos Amigos has been working on getting a working kitchen so they could serve up Mexican/American food.  Owner Linda Sandoval along with her husband and kids made that happen today.  Being a Littlestown native Linda saw the need for a Mexican market in a town with now 4 pizza places and two Asian restaurants.  Being a town native myself I was excited to see local business come into town with all the commercial business that are pushing their way in. Thanks to Pizza 2 U, Dino's and a few other places that remain the chain places are trying to make their mark in town.  I am asking any locals to skip Pizza Hut and McDonald's and head to the locally owned businesses. That is what makes our town nice.  Now onto the food.  I ordered the Chicken Burrito, spicy.  From time of order to plate was no more than 8 minutes.  I got it home and dug in.  It was packed with chicken and covered with hot melted cheese and sauce.  On the side was some lettuce  tomato slices and sour cream.  To add the spice they put in a full sliced jalapeno pepper, seeds and all.  Great call on my part to add the spice.  You all know if you have been reading I like spicy and bizarre foods and this was spicy.  Great job.  Sauce was not overly salty like most places. Chicken was well cooked and juicy. Portion size was good.  I did not feel I over ate like I would if I went somewhere like Papa Joe's.  Only a few things I would have changed.  I am use to getting re-fried beans and rice with my order from other places.  Here you have to order that as a side dish.  I will do that next time.  I will be working my way through the menu and hope to try everything at least once.  They are hoping to have a grand opening in May so I will keep you all informed.  Would I go again?  YES. Not just because it is local.  The owners are personable, food is good and the price is not too bad.  Keep up the good work Dos Amigos.  God Bless, thanks for reading and see you at the table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment