Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Two Meals

Well lets see.  Two different meals not even close to being the same.  One a pork, rice and veggie dish and the other a full vegan meal.  This past Sunday we went to Lotte Plaza in Baltimore to do some food shopping.  Ellen did the shopping and I did the eating.  They have these small Asian fast food places in the grocery store that make more authentic Asian food than the China One on ever street corner.  I ordered the wok fried squid with rice, veggies and 3 sides (kimchi, soup and spiced turnip).  When my order was ready they made the wrong dish.  I got pork dish.  I was not disappointed at all.  It was spicy, which I like but not too spicy.  The kimchi was great and the soup was hot and very tasty.  I cleaned my platter and would have went for more if it was a buffet like the food hog I am.  If you ever in the area and get a chance to try them please do. I ate at the 4th picture down (the one not in English) because it was where the locals were eating the most. http://www.lotteplaza.com/branch/branch.php?Id=32&lan=ENG&action=foodcourt

Now for my second meal. Tonight Ellen tried a new dish for the both of us.  The first was stuffed cabbage leaves (two types of rice, onions and carrot) They were cooked in the slow cooker along with some tomatoes.  The mix of sweet and sour and steaming hot.  Not the best vegan dish but I ate it.  The scalloped potatoes were good.  All vegan with melted cheese and creamy goodness.  I would eat this again for sure.  I walked away full for sure.  Both dishes were cooked in a slow cooker.  Thank you Ellen for making me new things and helping me eat more healthy.  Thanks for reading everyone God bless and see you at the table.  Please pass it along.  I want to end with a question.  Do you Eat to Live or Live to Eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment