Thursday, May 16, 2013

Food Slump


Food slump

I am in a food slump so I want to try something a little different.  Please send me one of your favorite recipes and I will take a look at all that are sent to me.  I will narrow it down to 3 and make them and give my review.  That way I can try different things and you can share your favorite dish with someone that will enjoy it.  If you want I will even post your recipe for others to enjoy but I will only do that if you give me permission.  I will give this a week for you all to share with me and after that I will make my decision.  Good luck and thanks for sharing. If you are really brave, live local and make the dish one night let me know and I will stop out for a doggie bag..hahahah
Email me the recipe je119wk@yahoo.com or send it to me in Facebook private message.

1 comment:

  1. 1 3/4cups brown rice syrup (available at health food stores)
    Pinch sea salt
    3/4cup natural peanut butter or almond butter
    7 cups whole grain brown crisped rice cereal
    1/2cup carob chips (optional)
    Vegetable oil, for greasing
    directions
    In a small saucepan, heat the rice syrup and sea salt over low heat until liquefied. Add the peanut butter and cook, stirring, until well combined and heated through but not boiling, about 5 minutes.
    Pour the cereal into a large bowl. Using a rubber spatula, stir the peanut butter mixture and carob chips, if using, into the cereal.
    Lightly oil a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Transfer the crispy rice mixture to the baking dish, pressing into an even layer. Let cool for 1 hour before cutting into squares.

    ReplyDelete