Monday, December 22, 2014

Noodles on a cold night

One of my favorite winter night dishes is soup. Reminds me of home and a wood stove heating the house. Of snow filled days and coming in to have a cup of chicken noodle. Now it is a little harder to find healthy soups. We make our own most of the time but when I want to make a more heart health soup with the taste of everyone's favorite Ramen I use cellophane bean thread noodles. Gluten free, 180 cals, 43 grams of carbs and 0 down the line for everything else. I spice it up with dried red pepper flakes and some low sodium soy sauce. I added a little left over wasabi. So good. Hot and spicy. Check out the noodles the next time you are in your local Asian market. God bless, thanks for reading and keep your stomach warm.

1 comment:

  1. I keep the ramen seasoning packs and buy baked ramen noodles or cellophane noodles to use the seasoning with. Had cellophane noodles and oriental season packet last night for lunch!!

    ReplyDelete