Monday, January 5, 2015

Vegan Lunch

I need a better camera for sure.  Or maybe better lighting.  Sorry for the bad pictures.  What you are looking at is our lunch/brunch from The Land of Kush Vegan restaurant.  We ate there on sunday before we went to the hospital to visit my father.  If you have read any other blogs I have posted you would know I eat anything.  I love meat and I do sometimes eat vegan meals since Ellen eats vegan.  This was my first time here it was her second time.  It is on 840 N. Eutaw street, Baltimore, Md www.landofkush.com is their site in case you want to visit and I recommend you do.  Sunday is their busiest day but we still got served in a timely fashion.  Order off the menu at the counter and they call your number.  There are about 5 tables and a window bar seating.  Not a lot so be patient or get your food to go.
I got the Kush BBQ Ribs (Soy Protein), Collard Greens and Mac and cheese.  All were good.  I was expecting the "meat" to come out in the shape of ribs but instead it was in a bowl with carrots and peppers.  Still very tasty.  I ate the collards with that using the sauce as dip for the greens.  The mac and cheese was different from other vegan mac and cheese I have had in the past.  It was still good.  Ellen got the 2 gluten-free blueberry pancakes, seitan scramble, potatoes, vegan sausage.  Sausage was good because I do not care for regular meat sausage with tall the spice.  I did not care for the scramble.  I think tofu scramble is better but Ellen like it.  The pancakes were very good.  The other dish I am posting is the potato salad.  I don't care for potato salad but had to try it to write about it.  It tasted just like any other salad I have had.  I would not get that but if you like potato salad go for it.  As I said before this is my first time here.  I have eaten at the Everylasting Life Cafe in DC.  They have their differences but both good in their own right.  Would I eat there again, yes.  I want to try the chicken drummies next but will stick with the mac and cheese and try the kale salad.  Keep them in Baltimore, visit and enjoy.  God bless, thanks for reading and see you at the table.



landofkush.com

No comments:

Post a Comment