Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Post cathetherization lunch Sorry Doctors

Today I had a right heart cathetherization at #UMMC in #Baltimore Maryland.  It was a recheck of my heart pressures for being on the #hearttransplant list.  Things went well and my numbers were good.  Ellen told me we could have lunch anywhere I wanted. So what did I pick?  #Pizza.  And not just any old pie.  We went to http://www.matthewspizza.com/ Matthews Pizza in Highlandtown Baltimore.  They have been serving up the same pizza recipe  for 72 years.  Yeah that's right.  Since 1943 this award winning pizza joint has been a go to location for all the locals.  After Travel Channel spotlighted them last year the number of people wanting to eat there jumped.  Ellen and I went at an off hour and off day and were the only ones eating in.  A few locals came in for carry out and one older couple came in and the waitress knew what they wanted right away because that is the type of place this is.  They are a small town pizzeria in a big city.  They know and remember their regulars.  I know if I lived closer they would know me as well.  They even have pre-made frozen cheese pizzas that you can take home which I did for my mom.  It is her favorite pizza place and grew up a few streets away.  No I would not get the pizza every time but I would go just to have a soda and salad.  I just like that kind of local owned place.  I would give them my money over any chain restaurant any day of the week.  So if you are ever in Baltimore and want or crave pizza, skip #PappaJohns or #PizzaHut and hit up Matthews.  Parking is not so good (all street parking) but be patient and you will get a spot.  Would I eat there again?  Do I even need to answer that?  YES a million times YES.  So what are you waiting for? You have the website and the menu.  Now get off your behinds and eat some pie.  God bless, thanks for reading and pizza is the staple of living. The following pictures are from that day and yes the one of me in the hospital is before the pizza..It did not put me into the hospital..




No comments:

Post a Comment