Friday, July 1, 2016

3 Hogs

Thursday we treated ourselves with a late lunch.  My parents were watching Banner-Wolf so we had a chance to go someplace that I have been wanting to try for a long time now.  Now I want apologize for going and not doing my first food video for YouTube but let me be clear.  I will be going back and I will make sure I get video because the pictures I took this time do not do the food justice.  Also I told a few friends we would all go and enjoy it together.  Again I apologize and you all know who you are, we will go together before too long.  I will need others to enjoy the food and have fun filming with me.  Eating at this place you really need a group of people.  To see the looks on their face and their reaction to the awesome tasting food.  Now for your reading pleasure I present my first but not last review of 3 Hogs BBQ in Hanover, Pa. http://www.3hogsbbq.com/  First off if you live within 20 miles of 3 Hogs and love pit beef or grilled food in general then the first chance you get gather family and friends and take a road trip.  You will not be sorry and your mouth will thank you a thousand times over.  Bring some antacid because you will over eat.  I have heard many great things about this place and for months I have wanted to go but just never had the chance.  Weekend evenings are slammed because that is when everyone is out for dinner so that was out of the question.  So what better than going for lunch?  I suggest going at an off time to avoid the crowds because I have heard that weekend evenings you might wait up to 1 hour for food.  They said it was worth every bite but with a child they would not last that long waiting for food.  I already knew what I was going to order but Ellen had no clue.  Since she does not eat meat she was skeptical on what she could get.  She was not disappointed.  Ellen ordered 4 side dishes because there was nothing that she wanted as a main dish.  She got the Mac and cheese, Sriracha Jalapeno slaw, smoked Brussel sprouts and the roasted red potatoes.  Her first bit of the sprouts she said was amazing.  Best she has ever tasted.  The slaw was not overwhelming with heat.  You could taste the cabbage and a nice warm burn from the spices.  The potatoes were seasoned just right and cooked tender.  She loved the mac and cheese as well.  I ordered Brisket mac and cheese grilled cheese.  This was an awesome combo.  Two slices of sourdough bread with cheese, well-seasoned beef brisket, mac and cheese and bbq sauce.  The brisket, mac and cheese and the bbq sauce was between the bread and grilled like a grilled cheese.  Amazing.  I am so glad this was the first thing I ordered off the menu.  It came with a side so I ordered the cornbread balls.  If you look at the menu online it is not listed.  They looked like hushpuppies rolled in large grain sugar but it was dense cornbread balls.  Came out very hot and fresh.  It went great with the sandwich.  Our meal was perfect.  Not one thing wrong with it except it was gone way too fast.  Not only was the food good but the service was really good.  The waitress took our order at the counter and brought it out to us.  After a bit she came back out and asked us how we liked everything.  While she was talking she was cleaning tables.  She told Ellen one of her favorite sides were the spouts as well.  At our table were all the sauces they had to offer.  I am not going to name them all but they are listed on their menu online.  I tried every one of them.  One that is not listed on the menu was the squealing pig sauce.  It was a hot sauce that I really could see going on hot wings.  The pictures of our food below was what we ate and it came at the low cost of $24 after a tip.  If you are looking for a sit down dinner, yes they have seats but they are all outside.  We got lucky because of the time we went, we got one of the few seats inside the area where you order.  The smell of cooking meat was in the air, hair metal music played in the background and a good breeze was blowing.  I was a great dining experience.  I highly recommend 3 Hogs to any and every one that loves meat.  Support local.  If the owners of 3 Hogs are reading this I will be back and I will be bringing friends. I would love to talk to the owners if they have time which I know they won’t because how busy they are.  Maybe one day.  God bless, thanks for reading and see you at the meat smoker. https://www.facebook.com/3hogsbbq/?fref=ts





No comments:

Post a Comment