Thursday, July 14, 2016

Thurmont Carnival Maryland

Thurmont Carnival was not the best but not the worst.  First impression was not good.  We got there only to see that they were charging $2 for parking.  And by now if you have read any of my reviews I am not out to spend when I don’t have to.  So we drove one block away and parked for free.  Some of the residential areas had signs put up by the local police stating no parking and must have a permit to park.  I guess they did not want out of towners parking on a public street in front of people’s homes.  Anyway we did find a free parking spot not one block away.  Walking into the carnival I noticed a few nice rides.  A larger than normal roller coaster, the pirate ship and some spinning plane ride.  There were a good amount of rides but not as many as most of the carnivals we have been to.  There was the usual food set up with most of the local food under a large pavilion.  The fire company sponsored the food.  Normal food that you would find anywhere else nothing special.  I asked about the Apple dumplings or fritters and I was told they are at their Color Fest in the fall.  Oh well.  I got the fried ham sandwich, two slices of pizza, not so good fries, two waters, a snow ball and a dream sickle float.  The ham sandwich was not too bad.  I had to get that because there was no pit beef and was told that the ham sandwich was good.  It was loaded with ham so I was not disappointed.  The pizza was the same as all the others except Ellen said the crust and dough was thicker.  The fries were just thin fries that were nothing special.  The snowball was only $1 so we had to get one.  $3 for the dream sickle float was a great deal.  I have never had one before and it was very refreshing.  And like always Banner-Wolf did not complain about any of his food.  There were all the regular games along with bingo in the firehouse.  Free music was playing and a few people took advantage of it and danced.  Ellen looked over to me as we sat there eating and asked if I thought they would still be playing the same songs when we were old or would they be singing songs from the 80’s.  She thought they would be the same and I said I could picture a band doing Vanilla Ice cover songs…hahaha.  For the most part this was a normal carnival.  Nothing special.  The reason for just a little below average review is because of the parking and lack of food choice.  I was hoping for something different.  I ask now when I go what to order, what they are known for and they did not have a dish that was Thurmont local.  My rating is a 4/10.  Having gone to as many carnivals this year as we have it is getting harder to impress me.  They will have to have something really different to top some of the earlier ones and something really really bad to be as bad as Delone.  Hope this helps.  You have till Saturday night to go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment