Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Jefferson Carnival

The Jefferson Carnival Jefferson Pa.
Let me start by thanking all of you that read my blog and those of you that comment.  I welcome all to have their input and opinion.  Now for the review.

Ample parking.  Glad we got there when we did because even with all the parking they had, if you got there late you were parking a good distance away.  And when pushing a baby you don’t want to have to do that over a football field of grass. First the rides.  Not impressed.  They had a few standards but that’s about it. Nothing special.  I did not care because I don’t ride them but some of you might.  The area that the carnival covered was larger than most that I have been to this season.  That’s a good thing because the amount of people there space was needed.  The only real area that was packed was the food area.  Like most carnivals they had live music.  This one was different.  They had a full big band with the trumpets, drums and many wind instruments.  I do not like the music at carnivals because it is so loud you have a really hard time talking or hearing others.  This was a nice break from that.  No singing. Just music.  Banner-Wolf never takes notice to what is playing till tonight.  The first song was played and he perked right up, standing on my lap and trying to see what was making the music.   Bonus points for that.  Now for the food.  I got the double cheese burger and 2 orders of fresh cut fries.  The burger was better than the McDonalds McDouble.  The fries were very good and fresh.  I like being able to see them cutting the fries on the spot.  Ellen got the fish sandwich because the crab cake did not look too good.  She said the fish was alright.  We both saw the pizza and passed on getting it.  It was super thin and did not look good.  I might have made a mistake so correct me if I did.  The last thing we got was an item that they are known for and that was suggested to me to get.  The Waffle and ice cream sandwich.  Very tasty.  The waffle was cooked perfect, homemade and was handed to us hot.  The ice cream was nothing special but the entire dish was very refreshing.  Was it worth the $5?  Maybe not but it did go to the locals and that is what counts.  We thought about getting a cone of the soft serve but decided not to.  The funnel cake did not look like anything special.  One awesome feature at this carnival that I have never seen before was the Pepsi stand.  They had a huge Pepsi stand that was covered and hand at least 4 coolers with all sorts of drinks.  More than I would like to spend on a soda but it was a great idea.  $2 for a soda and $1.25 for a water.  The food there seem priced high to me compared to other carnivals. We also ran into a few friends that we have not seen for a while.  Always good to see people we know and chat for a bit.  My overall rating is 7/10.  Hope this helps and some of you get a chance to go.  Have a great time if you do.  Oh and bring your own seat.  There are none except in the eating area.  God bless, thanks for reading and see you at the food stand.



No comments:

Post a Comment