Friday, June 1, 2012

Tofu Croutons


It was salad for dinner tonight.  We did not have croutons so what did I do?  I made some.  Not out of bread but out of firm tofu.  I took the block of tofu and diced it up to cubes put them in a pan with some olive oil that had been heading with dried garlic flakes and sun dried tomatoes.  I fried them till they were brown and dry to give the crunch of a crouton.  They turned out great.  One thing I did not add was salt which some of you would want.  I do not add salt to my meals because of my heart condition and trying to maintain a low salt diet. The salad dressing will add the salt I need.  The salad also has red and yellow cherry tomatoes, onions, sweet peppers, fresh radishes from the garden, broccoli, cranberries and diced carrots.  With it being just a salad you might expect to be hungry but with all the added veggies I was full.  Just go back for seconds if you are still hungry.  That's it for this blog.  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment