Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Vegan Dinner

What to make with Potatoes and cabbage.  Well last night I made Ethiopian cabbage and potatoes.  Cooking these two with carrots, onions, cumin and turmeric making  it was very tasty and filling.  Ellen loved it and said it was the best way she has had cabbage and potatoes.  It was an all Vegan dinner and even I was full.  It did not take long to make at all. About 30 minutes.  I did speed up the cook time by steaming the diced potatoes in the microwave first till tinder. It called for them to be cooked in the pan with everything else for 30 minutes but I was pressed for time and I like a little crunch to my meal so the cabbage was not over cooked.  It could have been a tad more spicy so maybe next time I will add some hot peppers.  To add to the dinner we had some of Ellen's home made bread that I warmed in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment